- Dressing is important. Indian weddings are the perfect occasion to showcase your traditional outfits. You should know the culture of family whose wedding you are attending. Dress according to the theme. Usually,you can buy designer kurta pajama or a coat and designer salwar kameez online for women or a saree as these are the traditional outfit that works well for all kind of events in India.
- Know the odd hours. Indian weddings have so many rituals that the actual ‘fere’ occur at late night hours- around 2-3 o’clock. So be prepared to keep waking at such hours.
- Wedding is not a-day event. Weddings in India have mehendi ceremony, haldi ceremony, dance etc. So plan your holidays accordingly. There is ‘Grah Pravesh’ and reception after wedding so do not just leave after wedding.
- Learn the beautiful customs. Every ritual has some hidden importance. Like Haldi is done to bring out the beautiful glow in the bride and groom. Mehendi is done to ward off evil eyes. If you know the customs better, you will be mesmerized by the beauty of Indian weddings.
- The food..Ummm.. The best part of Indian wedding apart from traditions is food. There is a variety of food in wedding, all delicious and reflecting the culture of the family. If the family is Rajasthani, you will get rajasthani food there, if panjabi- punjabi food. You will be amazed to see such a variety of food at the weddings. And you can also see floating servings of sweets, namkeen and snacks.
- The hospitality. The bride’s family members are the most humble people in the wedding. Actually, both bride’s and groom’s family will treat you so humbly that you begin to feel like a family member and not the guest. You can see a lot of hospitality flowing in the air.
|Visit @ http://www.parivarceremony.com/|